Bleach: After Light
Yo, welcome to Bleach AfterLight. If you like Roleplaying and Bleach then you have come to the right place.

Take a look around, register and chat with us on the chat box!
Yo, welcome to Bleach AfterLight. If you like Roleplaying and Bleach then you have come to the right place.

Take a look around, register and chat with us on the chat box!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Bleach: Afterlight!
Season: Spring
Staff!
Head Admin
ChaoZi

Avacyn

Quick Links

The Current Plot
Rules
Face Claim Listings
Templates
The Grading System
Organisations
Race Specs
Location Information
Canon Listing
The Ultimate
Gaining Forms
Making groups

Organisations

Gotei 13
The Espada
Xcution
Vandenreich

Latest topics
» Decide on the forum [Members Poll]
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:05 pm by ChaoZi

» The Hero of Justice
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:32 pm by Saiyer

» Heyo.
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 am by Saiyer

» Oops
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:14 am by Saiyer

» Meet the Maker [Chaozi intro]
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 3:38 am by Kimmi

» Follia Omicida (Togabito) [WIP]
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm by Kururai

» Espada Heirarchy
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 9:11 pm by Kimmi

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 pm by ChaoZi

» Punishment Act
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 pm by ChaoZi

Top posters
ChaoZi
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_lcapDecide on the forum [Members Poll] I_voting_barDecide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_rcap 
Kimmi
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_lcapDecide on the forum [Members Poll] I_voting_barDecide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_rcap 
Kururai
Avacyn
zetsurin
gokol
Saiyer
Yoruichi Shihōin
NekoTina
Marshal
Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is gokol

Our users have posted a total of 115 messages in 69 subjects
Affiliates

The Bleach Society Role-Play

Bleach The WorldCrossing Field :// a sword art online roleplay
Devil Never Cry

Pending Affiliates.
FAIRY TAIL ROLE PLAY
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] LrX7gOM

Decide on the forum [Members Poll]

Go down 
+3
zetsurin
Kimmi
ChaoZi
7 posters

What Forum do YOU want us to stick with?
Forumotion
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_lcap43%Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Proboards
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_lcap57%Decide on the forum [Members Poll] I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
ChaoZi
Admin
ChaoZi

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Left_bar_bleue0/100Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Empty
PostSubject: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:05 am

Okay, this has been getting under my skin quite a bit lately as some of you might have already seen. I have been trying my best to add new features to the forum such as a 'Back to Top' button and using some cool Javascript based staff images. Now I want to be able to do much more but Forumotion is incredibly restrictive.

Some may have noticed that I have had to pull certain things down from the site because the forum will not allow me to edit it properly. For example, Banners across each category and Larger fonts for widget names. This is quite annoying and I would like to have more creative freedom with the forum than what Forumotion allows.

So here is the question. Should we stick with Forumotion and leave it like it is now or move to a new forum where I can add more things? Members decide.

Note: Make sure you vote in the poll rather than simply replying to the thread.

New Example: The following is Afterlight built on proboards Version 5. Feel free to take a look around.
http://bleachafterlight.proboards.com/

Last edited by ChaoZi on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:27 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://afterlight.forumotion.co.uk
Kimmi

Kimmi

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:14 am

We're already here and Proboards meaninglessly drawn out and complicated layout makes it near impossible to find things. We're doing fine. I can personally help with the layout here, as I was screwing with my own on Feudal almost non-stp since I didn't like colors. I know how to change the font sizes and such, so leave that to me if you want.

I told you back then I would help you make this forum, and I don't intend to break that promise. Be Just and Chivalrous or Be Dead is what I chose to go buy. I'm not about to go back to the trash heap I once was.

Ava is here too. Don't back out over layouts. If people seriously don't join over the smallest crap, then they're not worth the effort you're putting on the table.

Simply.

- Your friend, Jin

Ignore me.. I'm just scarred that I'll have a hard time from past experience. Go for PB or whatever.

Last edited by Jin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zetsurin

zetsurin

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Left_bar_bleue0/100Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:18 am

I think it would be beast to move now at the start than need to do it later on. my resigning for this is no one will be massively inconvenienced by the move right now. I am sure that would be the right move if it gives you more control and will allow you to due the things you want.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Shihōin

Yoruichi Shihōin

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:22 pm

New here. But anyway, will keep it short. Stick with forumotion. We're already here - members may leave if we move, albeit we are still pretty young with members. And most importantly, many forums don't make it on proboards because it is much larger than forumotion. I've RP'd on both boards for over 5 years now and while I've always favored proboards flexibility, etc, forumotion has always been my preferred choice because the glamor and how populated most sites are on proboards turn me off.
Back to top Go down
ChaoZi
Admin
ChaoZi

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:52 am

I'll keep this poll here till around 9pm my time (so 5 hours time) but I think the decision is to stay here. Thanks to all that have posted their answers and voted in the poll. Might have a reward for you yet so stay tuned X3
Back to top Go down
Saiyer

Saiyer

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:49 am

I voted for Proboards simply for the new look and feel but since this is a majority vote, I'll be fine staying here instead.
Back to top Go down
Kimmi

Kimmi

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 1:49 am

Decide on the forum [Members Poll] XraomLJ

I'm all for Proboards. My decision has changed as FM seems to be having issues across sites. I'm having issues in multiple places, and its seriously angering me. Let's move! 8D

Last edited by Kimmi on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChaoZi
Admin
ChaoZi

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 2:28 am

You can now revert your vote if you change your mind
Back to top Go down
Kururai

Kururai

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:
Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Left_bar_bleue0/0Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 am

I want to weigh in, but my opinion would stand to be neutral

Proboards would allow for more customization and preferences, however, the population density on it is pretty darn large. With that, it may be hard for upcoming RP's to distinguish themselves, especially if it's an RP on a popular forum such as Bleach. No matter how good an RP is, to get better, it needs more people, and without some form of initial popularity, this one may fail.

Forumotion may not be as lenient with it's additions to your pages, scripting, etc., but the upside is easier ascendance. In addition to that, there are less restriction problems in terms of actual data. Forumotion loads easier, as the overall server has a less crowded bandwidth, despite probably being smaller than Proboard's. With that, some people may prefer this, and it will be basically easier to get people on here, especially with those whom possess inferior computers to mine Wink

With that, forumotion may seem to have more pros rather than cons, but site attraction can be heavily based on it's appearance and features as well, so if your skillful enough, proboards may be better in the long run.

Overall, it's all a matter of opinion for the admin, and as such, you should be the one to make the decision. Either way, you will have people that support you and follow you onto the new website, so while this forum's still young, if you plan to change you should do it now. Well, not really like "now" per say, but relatively soon, before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
ChaoZi
Admin
ChaoZi

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:11 am

Well if you are interested in seeing what I have done with a proboards version of the forum, check this link now:

http://bleachafterlight.proboards.com/

I personally think it looks much better than Forumotion atm
Back to top Go down
gokol

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 am

I voted for Proboard no sunrise there.
Back to top Go down
ChaoZi
Admin
ChaoZi

Ultimate Bar
Ultimate:

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Thank you to everyone who posted in this poll. The decision to move over to proboards has been made via majority vote of both staff and also of members. I hope that we can have a better time over at our new forum which can be found here: http://bleachafterlight.proboards.com/

Also, everyone who voted will be receiving a few credits when we move over as a reward. Thank you again for voting and we hope that you come over with us during this movement operation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decide on the forum [Members Poll]   Decide on the forum [Members Poll] Empty

Back to top Go down

Decide on the forum [Members Poll]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: After Light :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to:  
^ Back to Top